Let Freedom Ring

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Termination and Beyond

So what does one do after working for 22 years at one company and being laid off? You continue on living life and having fun. You start looking for work in other places and learn quickly that you are not really wanted much of anywhere since you are now OLDER and most of your experience is all in one business.

I don't want to sound totally negative. It is a bit depressing not getting any hits on many many resumes sent all around the country. But all is well, bills are paid and life is definitely not over!

I think back many years ago when my wife and I first got married. She was pregnant, I had just graduated from school with great hopes of a good job. She was only working graveyards on weekends and I was working a few part time jobs. Money was nonexistent, the checking account was at zero and no job appeared for over a year. Yet we survived and had wonderful times even with the difficulties. Today we have money in the bank, bills are paid, she is working and we are moving a long. Amazing to see the differences and realize the great and wonderful blessings that have been poured out on us.

It is great taking vacations as I don't have to take time off from work! I get to sleep in each morning! I am getting lots of honey do's done around the house! And I am looking for work and still have great hope of finding something even if it is digging a ditch somewhere or being a Wal-mart greeter. Our garden was more weed free this year than for a long time. I had to do something with my time!

So if you have lost your job as have I, don't give up. Work hard and with faith in God you will be blessed and life will change more than likely for the better. I have not turned the corner yet but know I will. The only real question is how long it will take. Life is wonderful and worth living. Take care all of you unemployed companions. Till later...

No comments: