Anyone ever have their mother in law come and live with them? Well, I have, in fact I am in the middle of it right now. Not so long ago I could do no wrong in her eyes. After all I had married her daughter that she thought would never get married. We gave her grand kids and came to visit at least once a year. Then after many years all things have changed.
She got to the point where she could no longer take care of herself. Her husband passed on and she had no $$ to live on. So it was decided with all of her other children that she could come live with us. We could modify our home to accommodate her and she wanted to come.
So the house was modified with great labor from me, my wife and her brother. We were within two weeks of being done when she showed up because she was tired of waiting. That should have been a sign to us that things were not going to go as smoothly as we thought at first.
So she shows up and moves into the room that is not complete and fills it so full there is no way to finish it the rest of the way. Plus she already has her pink carpet that she demanded she have because pink is her favorite color. She wants everything pink. She even brought pink glass items that she wants displayed through out the house. We said no she could put them in her room and she through a temper tantrum. What does one do with a 75 plus old person throwing a temper tantrum like a child??? That should have been the second signal that not all was going to go well. Then we worked with her on her pills of which she takes at least 20 a day for things ranging from psycho drugs to blood thinners to water pills. That should have been the third signal. But we must have been wearing rose color glasses or something. We look back now and we can see many of the signals that we missed pointing to the fact this was not going to be an easy thing.
I have collected what I call Irisism's that I will share in future blogs. Great words of wisdom for all to enjoy and learn from! NOT! But they are funny. So we all have something to look forward to. So stay tuned...
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment